Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! :D

It's Valentine's Day!Or is about to come pretty soon anyways... I know nobody reads my blog, but I made something special for the occasion. ;D
Don't ask, for whom, cause it ain't for anybody in particular. I was just getting super-fed up of all the red hearts the people were putting up on their blogs and sites. Especially the abundant quantity of design blogs I've been through, in the last few days, has not only humbled me about my [super] poor skills in Photoshop, but has also frustrated me about the numerous brushes, textures, and people have been putting up, all gushing with a repulsive redness in them. So here's a piece of my heart... ;P


Red's cliched and so is the arrow! :P So here's the black heart with the new-age lighting.
Of course, it'll be a way too huge effort to make the stupid kid who irresponsibly throws this stuff at not-so-prepared-for-it guys and gals. But I'll be trying. Any suggestions on how to make the hole through which that lightning's passing, better, are more than welcome - they're needed! :). So your comments, suggestions, please. :)

P.S: For all the visually retarded viewers of mine, which includes, if any at all, a pending notice, that I have set up a Feedburner E-mail subscription Form to the right, and also an RSS feed button "handcrafted" by me, using a by-defined, very cool, AI image from the Feedicons Devkit.



7 comments:

Karanveer said...

well I don't know what's coming out of the heart,did u try to make an aorta?:P

Vishesh said...

dude that's just ... something ;) nothing else.
Actually that was not a heart anyways, but something else. It was a by default custoim shape in PS i used. Ill tell u the name later...

Sakshi said...

:P so did u intend to make something like this or.... did it just resemble a heart at the end of it? :P :P

kidding, it's rather cool. only the lightning bolt doesnt look very good to me. [no offense]

Namya said...

the heart looks like...an apple, or an upside down pear or something. upside down pear sounds right. with lightning through it. i actually like the lightning, though. i'm very fond of storms, and it's blue! though i think it should be closer to the centre. of the pear.

oh, and what'll your cupid look like? punky, with spiked hair?

Vishesh said...

@sakshi: It was aimed to look like a heart. And I deliberately chose something that looked a bit... sweeter than just a typical heart.

@namya: "blue!"? a refreshing change from the plague-ing black? [heh :)] And I was trying to make the cupid but time ran uot, and I didn't feel like anymore. It's also oo tough. If you insist, I might try... Go on... :)

Vishesh said...

@sakshi: It was aimed to look like a heart. And I deliberately chose something that looked a bit... sweeter than just a typical heart.

@namya: "blue!"? a refreshing change from the plague-ing black? [heh :)] And I was trying to make the cupid but time ran out, and I didn't feel like anymore. It's also too tough. If you insist, I might try... Go on... :)

The thing btw is called a hedera for whatever that means to anybody at all. ;)

Namya said...

yes, blue is a very nice colour, and i'm not very fond of black.
and hedera is just a fancy term for 'upside down pear'. i'm telling you. it says right here in 'Namya's Dictionary':
Hedera (n.) - fancy name for upside down pear.

read what i said about my sense of humour? yup.
and no, i'm not going to insist. i'm scared you'll actually do it. ;)